Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Disappearing Nine Patch


I found this 'pattern' through a discussion on the Stashbusters yahoo list. The gal had the tutorial on her blog. Of course I didn't go back and look at the pictures before I started putting the quartered blocks back together......... why would I do something like that?? (My first grade teacher said I didn't like to follow directions). So I had to take them apart and lay them out the correct way.


This one is very scrappy. I'm sure it would work with some of the charm pack lines. I used 3.5 inch squares to make my ninepatches. What do you think?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know there was a correct way to put this together. I just played with the blocks until I was happy with it - yours looks great. Isnt it a fun block to do.
tonie in vegas

Nancy-Rose said...

Nice job!

Nancy

patti in florida said...

nancy, i don't think there is a certain way to put this together. make it a different layout every time. that's part of the fun. yours looks fine.
patti

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I beleive you've got it!!!!! Her post was a guide....mix and match like you wish....the more scrappy...the MORE better!!!!! you do great work
Hugs
Pam in Philly

Bingo~Bonnie said...

I like your scrappy look - wasn't that long ago that someone on Stashbuster shared a HUGE bag that was made form scrappy Dissapearing 9-patch blocks. It's large enough to hold a king size quilt even! Great for taking along projects in and looks very quilty! If you or anyone else wants the pattern, just email me. :) ~Bonnie in SE Texas

Bingo~Bonnie said...

http://www.myquiltblog.com/nancyrose/

was this the blog you referred to??? Others reading your entry maybe wondering wehre to go to see the demo also ;) ~Bonnie

Cherold said...

I think your top is great. You can put the blocks together in several different formats. Good job!

CheriS

doni said...

I love your disappearing 9patch. I'm doing scrappy too. I'm in the middle of making 2-3 of these puppies (2 pink and 1 green)! The trimming is tedious but otherwise I'm pleased with them.

Helen in the UK said...

Great use of stash - lovely bright and cheerful :)