Friday, June 15, 2007

2007 Guild Challenge



Our guild challenge this year was "Name that Tune". I chose to try a new technique using colored pencils and heat setting them with a hot dry iron. I copied the album cover and used an overhead projector at school to trace the picture on a piece of Kona Natural cotton fabric. There happened to be a resource period in the room I was in a the time, and the kids were fascinated by what I was doing.




So here is the result. We had to portray a song without actually using the title in the piece. Can you figure it out???

4 comments:

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Album.........

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Album.........

Sarah Nopp said...

SOng title of Yellow Submarine! Great job... I wonder how that would work on dyed fabs...

Kim said...

Great quilt :)